Photography, photo styling and a love for things old, unusual and beautiful.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Dramatic Sky shot in the Cuyahoga Valley, May 2013



Although I have not posted recently, I am still out there shooting all of the time. I actually pulled down at least 3 posts because the images were too close to ones that I did for greeting card work, but this one can get posted. Believe it or not, I stepped out of a movie theater and shot this in a parking lot! I will admit to retouching out some annoying utility poles and the edge of a building, but otherwise this shot is not heavily retouched, Once in awhile I just get lucky!

I have been shooting a mix of things around my home for my day job, and indeed most of that cannot be posted at this time, but here are a couple that can be shared.


This is my major distraction- what free time I have anymore I spend practicing guitar. This is my new guitar, a classical cutaway by Cordoba. I love the slightly modified neck design on this guitar- just a tiny bit more narrow and a little bit better contoured to fit my fairly small hands. I put my guitars away after college and quite thoroughly forgot what meager things that I ever knew. That is until about 2 years ago. I tried to work on it on my own at first, but I broke down and started lessons almost a year ago. It's been difficult at times, but I am making progress enough to feel that I deserve a decent guitar! I am not a classical guitarist per se, but I love the mellow sound of nylon strings and I am working on fingerstyle technique so it is perfect for me right now.


Here is an item from the vast collection of things that I live with. This is a vintage pinball game that is played with marbles shot by a spring loaded pull-knob. Another board that I photographed made it into the image bank, but this one didn't. Still, I love the vintage lettering and the little pins.



No comments:

Post a Comment