Photography, photo styling and a love for things old, unusual and beautiful.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dahlias!


It is the last days of summer and we are slipping into fall very quickly. I lament the end of the summer flower season- it is always a long winter's wait for the return of garden flowers. Although I buy most of my flowers at the wholesale market, most of the dahlias I use are grown locally and soon their time will be past. I did a session last week with garden dahlias and zinnias; these are outtakes from the session. I've seen bigger and more showy dahlias than these, but I love the blush dahlias for their almost peony-like presence. Hopefully I will be able to do a last session with the locally grown flowers before the leaves start to drop.

It is putting me in the mood for fall tabletop shooting, though. There are lots of great things to cut out in fields and side-lots to places around town. The various asters, golden rod, late sunflowers and crab apples are next in line to be photographed.


No comments:

Post a Comment